Trying to figure out how to get your business listed on Google and running into a wall? We’re here to help, with an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide suitable for digital newbies and marketing specialists alike.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free tool for businesses to manage their online presence on Google. Your Business Profile can appear when customers are searching for your business or products like yours on Google and Google Maps.
List your website, services, contact number, hours of operation, products and more. In addition, you can upload photographs and videos, post special offers, and read and respond to reviews! Google My Business is a great way to connect with your customers directly, build trust as a brand and keep your customers informed on any updates or changes in your business.
How To Get Your Business Listed On Google
Step 1: Sign In To Google My Business
- Visit Google My Business.
- Select ‘Sign in’ on the top-right of the screen.
- Sign in with your Google account details.
Step 2: Find Your Business
- Type your business name in the search field.
- If your business already exists on Google select it from the dropdown.
- If it doesn’t exist select the first option ‘Create a business with this name’.
Step 3: Set Up Your Profile
- Choose your official business name and click next.
- Search for and then select an appropriate business category and click ‘Next’.
- Select ‘yes’ if you have a physical location that customers can visit. Select ‘no’ if you don’t and click ‘Next’.
- Search for and select your service area and click ‘Next’.
- Enter your contact number and website URL. Click ‘Next’.
- Select if you want updates and recommendations from Google. Click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Finish’.
Step 4: Get Verified
- Enter your address details and click ‘Next’.
- Enter your full name, make sure the delivery details are correct and click ‘Mail’.
- Google will now send you a postcard with a verification code. This can take up to 22 days to arrive.
- Click ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Expand Your Business Profile
Depending on the business category you selected, you’ll then be guided through adding relevant services, business hours and a business description. Add in some photos of your business or products or skip to explore the management dashboard for your Google My Business profile straight away.
Step 6: Enter Your Verification Code
- Once your postcard arrives scroll down on the left-hand panel of your dashboard and select ‘Get verified’.
- Enter the code and click ‘Verify’
Congratulations, your Google My Business profile is now live on Google!
While you wait for the verification code to arrive, feel free to explore the dashboard through which you can manage reviews, add photos, add products and services and update your general info. Take a look at our blog post of the 5 Benefits of Google My Business for more info or get in touch with our team if you’d like further guidance.